Hello, my curious friend! I am Garrick “Cyrad” Williams, software engineer and game designer. In between my studies, I develop tabletop and video games under the Rhetoric Studios brand. During the infancy of Rhetoric Studios, I dedicate this blog to various topics, many related to software development, game design, writing, and tabletop game shenanigans.
On this blog, you will find:
- News on games in development by Rhetoric Studios
- Articles on various writing and game design topics
- Discussion topics about aspects of games that caught my attention
- Funny and epic stories surrounding my tabletop RPG campaigns
- Free content related to video games and tabletop games
- And much, much more
What are my qualifications you ask? I graduated with a Master of Science in the field of computer science. The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences awarded me the 2008 Randy Pausch Scholarship Fund in the honor of the computer scientist who gave the famous Last Lecture. Paizo, developer of Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, nominated me as a top 32 runner up in the RPG Superstar 2013 game design competition. Aside from game design, my interests extend to all kinds of software development, web applications, illustration, animation, writing, and character design.
Have a question? You can contact me at garrickATSYMBOLrhetoricstudios.com.
Enjoy reading and happy gaming!